Russian chitin society (RCS) – is an all-Russian public organization uniting on a voluntary basis Russian scientists dealing with chitin in various areas of science, as well as experts in industry, medicine, agriculture and other fields that include research on the production, modification, and practical use of chitin and chitosan.
The governing bodies of RCS:
- President of the Russian chitin society – Prof. Valery Varlamov (the Research Center of Biotechnology RAS, Moscow)
- Vice-President – Natalia Kildeeva (Moscow State University of Design and Technology, Moscow)
- Secretary – IrinaYakovleva (the Research Center of Biotechnology RAS, Moscow)
- Audit Committee: Chairman – Alexey Albulov (“Bioprogress” CJSC, Shchyolkovo, Moscow region), Igor Boiko (Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology RAS, Moscow), Galina Malkova (Institute of Gene Biology RAS, Moscow)
- RCS Board: Valery Varlamov (Moscow), Natalia Kildeeva (Moscow), Alexey Albulov (Moscow region, Shchyolkovo), I. Bolshakov (Krasnoyarsk), Svetlana Bratskaya (Vladivostok), V. Krasavtsev (St. Petersburg), A. Melentyev (Ufa), Sergey Mikhailov (Moscow), V.Novikov (Murmansk), V. Tikhonov (Moscow).
RCS unites on a voluntary basis Russian scientists from various fields of academic, industrial science and education system, as well as experts in industry, medicine, agriculture and other fields that include research on the production, modification and practical use of chitin and chitosan, chitinolytic enzymes and other related research, as well as legal entities – public associations, academia, unions and associations of science and technology and other non-governmental organizations operating on the territory of the Russian Federation and supporting research of chitin and chitosan.
- Konstantin G. Skryabin, Sergey N. Mikhailov, Valery P. Varlamov (Editors), CHITOSAN.-Moscow. Center “Bioengineering” RAS, 2013. 593 p.
- K. Skryabin, I. Tichonovich, V. Varlamov. Chitosan: a Wonder Polymer// Science in Russia, 2014, No. 6, pp. 4-12
More information about RCS on the official web-site http://www.chitin.ru
Management Board and the Secretariat of RCS
All-Russian public organization
The Russian Chitin Society
Prospect 60 –letia Octyabria, 7, bld 1/1,
Moscow, Russia, 117312