|Boris B. Dzantiev
Professor, Dr. Sci. (Chemistry)
Head of Laboratory
INBI, build. 1, room 225
+7 (495) 954-31-42
The researches of the Laboratory are primary directed to studying quantitative regularities of antigen-antibody interactions and development of new immunochemical techniques for detection of biologically active compounds. The relations between properties of immunoreagents and kinetic and equilibrium parameters of the antigen-antibody reaction are studied theoretically and experimentally. Structural changes of protein antigens in the course of their interaction with antibodies are characterized, including antibody-assisted refolding and modulation of catalytic activities of enzymes.
The substances significant for medicine, agriculture, biotechnology and environmental monitoring are used as model antigens. Among them are pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, drugs, surfactants, protein biomarkers, immunoglobulins, viruses and bacterial cells. This row enables to determine common regularities and specific features of the immunochemical interactions. New assay formats and label systems are proposed that ensure growth of sensitivity and rapidity of testing. Such analytical techniques as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), immunochromatography, immunofiltration, electrochemical and optical immunosensors are realized. Efficacy of the novel methods for practical purposes is characterized; technologies for scaled production of immunoanalytical test-systems are developed jointly with manufacturers.
The laboratory realizes full cycle of the development of immunoanalytical techniques, beginning from obtaining of antibodies and finalizing by the creation of manufacturing technologies. The given cycle embraces both traditional and original methods and approaches (including the developed in the laboratory ones).
- Mathematical models have been proposed for the description of multi-stage interaction of antibodies with different classes of polyvalent antigens.
- Influence of surface density of antigenic determinants on the creation of mono- and bivalent complexes with antibodies and changes of effective binding constant has been analyzed.
- Theoretical descriptions of immune interactions in the course of different formats of lateral flow immunoassays are proposed.
- The effect of antibody-assisted refolding of protein antigens has been described.
- Linear water-soluble polyelectrolytes have been proposed as carriers for rapid immunoassay systems.
- On the examples of antibodies against pesticides (triazines, aryl- and sulfonylureas, pyrethroids) and veterinary drugs (fluoroquinolones) the fine specificity of the antibody-hapten interaction has been studied; QSAR approaches have been implemented to identify key structures in immune recognition; systems for individual and class-specific assays have been proposed.
- Poly- and monoclonal antibodies against fullerene C60 have been obtained and characterized. Regularities of immune recognition for such non-typical antigen have been described.
- Oligonucleotide receptors, aptamers, have been characterized as alternate bioanalytical reactants. Approaches to increase sensitivity of homogeneous assays with their use have been proposed.
- Interactions between gold nanoparticles and antibodies have been studied including mono- and miltilayers formation. Demands to obtain complexes with maximal immune reactivity are formulated.
- Techniques for on-site rapid assays with visual and instrumental registration have been developed for medical diagnostics (determination of hormones, drugs of abuse, biomarkers of acute infarction, specific antibodies, pathogenic microorganisms), environmental monitoring and control of agricultural production and food (determination of pesticides, mycotoxins, veterinary drugs, plant viruses).
- Complex of criteria to optimize immunochromatographic test systems have been elaborated; approaches to amplify signals and increase sensitivity of these systems have been proposed and patented.
- Methods of preparation and quality control of reactants for scaled manufacturing of immunochromatographic test-systems have been developed. Production of test-systems has been organized; the systems have been officially registered.
- Dzantiev B.B., Zherdev A.V., Yulaev M.F., Sitdikov R.A., Dmitrieva N.M., Moreva I.Yu. Electrochemical immunosensors for determination of the pesticides 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic and 2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acids. — Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 1996, v. 11, N 1/2, p. 179-185 (DOI: 10.1016/0956-5663(96)83725-0)
- Yazynina E.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B., Izumrudov V.A., Gee S.J., Hammock B.D. Immunoassay techniques for detection of the herbicide simazine based on use of oppositely charged water-soluble polyelectrolytes. — Analytical Chemistry, 1999, v. 71, N 16, p. 3538-3543 (DOI: 10.1021/ac990072c)
- Plekhanova Yu.V., Reshetilov A.N., Yazynina E.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. A new assay format for electrochemical immunosensors: Polyelectrolyte-based separation on membrane carriers combined with detection of peroxidase activity by pH-sensitive field-effect transistor. — Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2003, v. 19, N 2, p. 109-114 (DOI: 10.1016/S0956-5663(03)00176-3)
- Mart’ianov A.A., Dzantiev B.B., Zherdev A.V., Eremin S.A., Cespedes R., Petrovic M., Barcelo D. Immunoenzyme assay of nonylphenol: Study of selectivity and detection of alkylphenolic non-ionic surfactants in water samples. — Talanta, 2005, v. 65, N 2, p. 367-374 (DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2004.07.004)
- Ermolenko D.N., Eremin S.A., Mart’ianov A.A., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. A new generic enzyme immunoassay for sulfonamides. — Analytical Letters, 2007, v. 40, N 6, p. 1047-1062
- Byzova N.A., Zvereva E.A., Zherdev A.V., Eremin S.A., Dzantiev B.B. Rapid pretreatment-free immunochromatographic assay of chloramphenicol in milk. — Talanta. 2010, v. 81, N 3, p. 838-848 (DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2010.01.025)
- Safenkova I.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Correlation between the composition of multivalent antibody conjugates with colloidal gold nanoparticles and their affinity. – Journal of Immunological Methods. 2010, v. 357, N 1–2, p. 17–25 (DOI: 10.1016/j.jim.2010.03.010)
- Byzova N.A., Zvereva E.A., Zherdev A.V., Eremin S.A., Sveshnikov P.G., Dzantiev B.B. Pretreatment-free immunochromatographic assay for the detection of streptomycin and its application to the control of milk and dairy products. — Analytica Chimica Acta, 2011, v. 701, N 2, p. 209-217 (DOI: 10.1016/j.aca.2011.06.001)
- Hendrickson O.D., Fedyunina N.S., Martianov A.A., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Production of anti-fullerene C60 polyclonal antibodies and study of their interaction with a conjugated form of fullerene. — Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2011, v. 13, N 9, p. 3713-3719 (DOI: 10.1007/s11051-011-0292-4)
- Hendrickson O., Fedyunina N., Zherdev A., Solopova O., Sveshnikov P., Dzantiev B. Production of monoclonal antibodies against fullerene C60 and development of a fullerene enzyme immunoassay. — Analyst, 2012, v. 137, N 1, p. 98-105 (DOI: 10.1039/c1an15745k)
- Safenkova I., Zherdev A., Dzantiev B. Factors influencing the detection limit of the lateral-flow sandwich immunoassay: a case study with potato virus X. – Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 2012. v. 403, № 6, p. 1595-1605 (DOI: 0.1007/s00216-012-5985-8)
- Urusov A.E., Kostenko S.N., Sveshnikov P.G., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Ochratoxin A immunoassay with surface plasmon resonance registration: Lowering limit of detection by the use of colloidal gold immunoconjugates. — Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2011, v. 156, N 1, p. 343-349 (DOI: 10.1016/j.snb.2011.04.044)
- Berlina A.N., Taranova N.A., Zherdev A.V., Vengerov Y.Y., Dzantiev B.B. Quantum dot-based lateral flow immunoassay for detection of chloramphenicol in milk. — Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 2013, v. 405, N 14, p. 4997-5000 (DOI: 10.1007/s00216-013-6876-3)
- Taranova N.A., Byzova N.A., Zaiko V.V., Starovoitova T.A., Vengerov Yu.Yu., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Integration of lateral flow and microarray technologies for multiplex immunoassay: application to the determination of drugs. — Microchimica Acta, 2013. v. 180, N 11-12, p. 1165-1172 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-013-1043-2)
- Dzantiev B.B., Byzova N.A., Urusov A.E., Zherdev A.V. Immunochromatographic methods in food analysis. — Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 2014, v. 55, p. 81-93 (DOI: 10.1016/j.trac.2013.11.007)
- Urusov A.E., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Use of gold nanoparticle-labeled secondary antibodies to improve the sensitivity of an immunochromatographic assay for aflatoxin B1. – Microchimica Acta, 2014, v. 181, No 15-16, p. 1939-1946 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-014-1288-4)
- Sotnikov D.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Development and application of a label-free fluorescence method for determining the composition of gold nanoparticle–protein conjugates. — International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2015, v. 16, N 1, p. 907-923 (DOI: 10.3390/ijms16010907)
- Taranova N.A., Berlina A.N., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. «Traffic light» immunochromatographic test based on multicolor quantum dots for simultaneous detection of several antibiotics in milk. — Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2015, v. 63, p. 255-261 (DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2014.07.049)
- Urusov A.E., Petrakova A.V., Kuzmin P.G., Zherdev A.V., Sveshnikov P.G., Shafeev G.A., Dzantiev B.B. Application of gold nanoparticles produced by laser ablation as the label in immunochromatographic assay. — Analytical Biochemistry, 2015, v. 491, p. 65-71 (DOI: 10.1016/j.ab.2015.08.031)
- Zvereva E.A., Kovalev L.I., Ivanov A.V., Kovaleva M.A., Zherdev A.V., Shishkin S.S., Lisitsyn A.B., Chernukha I.M., Dzantiev B.B. Enzyme immunoassay and proteomic characterization of troponin I as a marker of mammalian muscle compounds in raw meat and some meat products. — Meat Science, 2015, v. 105, p. 46-52 (DOI: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.03.001)
- Zvereva E.A., Byzova N.A., Sveshnikov P.G., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Cut-off on demand: An approach for adjusting the threshold of an immunochromatographic assay for chloramphenicol. — Analytical Methods. 2015, v. 7, p. 6378-6384 (DOI.: 10.1039/C5AY00835B)
- Safenkova I.V., Pankratova G.K., Zaitsev I.A., Varitsev Yu.A., Vengerov Yu.Yu., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Multiarray on a test strip (MATS): Rapid multiplex immunodetection of priority potato pathogens. – Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry. 2016, v. 408, N 22, p. 6009-6017 (DOI: 10.1007/s00216-016-9463-6)
- Urusov A.E., Petrakova A.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. «Multistage in one touch» design with a universal labelling conjugate for high-sensitive lateral flow immunoassays. – Biosensors and Bioelectronics. 2016, v. 86, p. 575-579 (DOI: 10.1016/j.bios.2016.07.027)
- Berlina A.N., Zherdev A.V., Xu C., Eremin S.A., Dzantiev B.B. Development of lateral flow immunoassay for rapid control and quantification of the presence of the colorant Sudan I in spices and seafood. – Food Control, 2017, v. 73, part B, p. 247-253 (DOI: 10.1016/j.foodcont.2016.08.011)
- Byzova N.A., Safenkova I.V., Slutskaya E.S., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Less is more: Comparison of antibodies – gold nanoparticle conjugates of different ratio. – Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2017, v. 28, N 11, p. 2737-2746 (DOI: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.7b00489)
- Byzova N.A., Zherdev A.V., Vengerov Yu.Yu., Starovoitova T.A., Dzantiev B.B. A triple immunochromatographic test for simultaneous determination of cardiac troponin I, fatty acid binding protein, and C-reactive protein biomarkers. – Microchimica Acta, 2017, v. 184, N 2, p. 463-471 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-016-2022-1)
- Panferov V.G., Safenkova I.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Setting up the cut-off level of a sensitive barcode lateral flow assay with magnetic nanoparticles. – Talanta, 2017, v. 164, p. 69-76 (DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2016.11.025)
- Petrakova A.V., Urusov A.E., Gubaydullina M.K., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. «External» antibodies as the simplest tool for sensitive immunochromatographic tests. – Talanta, 2017, v. 175, p. 77-81 (DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2017.07.027)
- Samohvalov A.V., Safenkova I.V., Eremin S.A., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Use of anchor protein modules in fluorescence polarisation aptamer assay for ochratoxin A determination. – Analytica Chimica Acta, 2017, v. 962, p. 80-87 (DOI: 10.1016/j.aca.2017.01.024.)
- Sotnikov D.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Mathematical model of serodiagnostic immunochromatographic assay. – Analytical Chemistry, 2017, v. 89, N 8, p. 4419-4427 (DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.6b03635)
- Taranova N.A., Urusov A.E., Sadykhov E.G., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Bifunctional gold nanoparticles as agglomeration enhancing tool for high sensitive lateral flow test: a case study with procalcitonin. – Microchimica Acta, 2017, v. 184, N 10, p. 4189-4195 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-017-2355-4)
- Byzova N.A., Urusov A.E., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Multiplex highly sensitive immunochromatographic assay based on the use of non-processed antisera. – Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2018, v. 410, N 7, p. 1903-1910 (DOI: 10.1016/j.saa.2018.01.008)
- Hendrickson O.D., Chertovich J.O., Zherdev A.V., Sveshnikov P.G., Dzantiev B.B. Supersensitive magnetic ELISA of zearalenone with pre-concentration and chemiluminescent detection. – Food Control, 2018, v. 84, p. 330-338 (DOI: 10.1016/j.foodcont.2017.08.008)
- Razo S.C., Panferov V.G., Safenkova I.V., Varitsev Yu.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Double-enhanced lateral flow immunoassay for potato virus X based on a combination of magnetic and gold nanoparticles. – Analytica Chimica Acta, 2018, v. 1007, p. 50-60 (DOI: 10.1016/j.aca.2017.12.023)
- Urusov A.E., Gubaydullina M.K., Petrakova A.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. A new kind of highly sensitive competitive lateral flow assay displaying direct analyte-signal dependence. Application to the determination of the mycotoxin deoxynivalenol. – Microchimica Acta, 2018, v. 185, N 1, article 29 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-017-2576-6.)
- Khlebtsov B.N., Bratashov D.N., Byzova N.A., Dzantiev B.B., Khlebtsov N.G. SERS-based lateral flow immunoassay of troponin I using gap-enhanced Raman tags. – Nano Research, 2019, v. 12, N 2, p. 413–420 (DOI: 10.1007/s12274-018-2232-4)
- Berlina A.N., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Progress in rapid optical assays for heavy metal ions based on the use of nanoparticles and receptor molecules. – Microchimica Acta, 2019, v. 186, N 3, article 172 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-018-3168-9)
- Ivanov A.V., Safenkova I.V., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Recombinase polymerase amplification combined with a magnetic nanoparticle-based immunoassay for fluorometric determination of troponin T. – Microchimica Acta, 2019, v. 186, N 8, article 549 (DOI: 10.1007/s00604-019-3686-0)
- Safenkova I.V., Panferova N.A., Panferov V.G., Varitsev Y.A., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. Alarm lateral flow immunoassay for detection of the total infection caused by the five viruses. – Talanta, 2019, v. 195, p. 739-744 (DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2018.12.004)
- Berlina A.N., Zherdev A.V., Dzantiev B.B. ELISA and lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of food colourants: State of the art. – Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, 2019, v. 49, N 3, p. 209-222 (DOI: 10.1080/10408347.2018.1503942)