|Sergey S. Shishkin
Professor, Dr.Sci. (Biology)
Head of Laboratory
INBI, build. 2, room 101
+7 (495) 952-58-86
- Proteins systematic research of the human and some other mammals (farm animals) musculoskeletal system using proteomic strategies, aimed at obtaining the characteristic of proteomic profiles of muscle tissues, as well as the search for new muscle proteins, and the detection of proteins markers of various pathological processes in the muscular organs;
- Systematic research of proteins in meat products, including functional ones, using proteomic strategy, aimed at the creation of methods for quality control and detection of proteins of non-muscle origin, including evidence of meat products falsification;
- Study of mechanisms of biochemical proteins polymorphism (polylocus, polyallism, post-synthetic modifications) and the role of polymorphic isoforms in human muscular organs functioning, both normal and pathological;
- Construction of proteomic databases, including information on human muscle proteins and a number of farm animals;
- Creation and expansion of human cell collection cultures used as cellular models in the study of biochemical mechanisms of cell differentiation and the effects of various growth factors, as well as potential drugs
The core results of proteomic studies of muscle tissue and cultured human cells are over 500 human proteins identified and characterized by a number of biochemical parameters. The received materials formed basis for construction of the original domestic public database “Proteomics of muscular organs”. This database is available on the website of the Institute of Biochemistry. A.N. Bach of the Russian Academy of Sciences (http://mp.inbi.ras.ru). Among the characterized proteins, isoforms have been identified, representing various manifestations of biochemical polymorphism, particularly caused by single amino acid substitutions, for example, a new variant of triose phosphate isomerase 1 (a single amino acid substitution of 233G®D). In addition, the obtained results allowed one of the parties to resolve the so-called “conflict” definitions (135 positions) in the amino acid sequences of 59 human proteins, being listed in the international UniProt database.
- Shishkin S. Kovalev L, Pashintseva N., Kovaleva M., Lisitskaya K Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins involved in the functioning of telomeres in malignant cells. // Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Feb 10;20(3). pii: E745. doi: 10.3390/ijms20030745.
- Altınelataman C., Koroleva O., Fedorova T., Torkova A., Ksenia Lisitskaya K., Tsentalovich M., Aleksey Kononikhin A., Popov I., Vasina D., Kovalyov L., Çelika U. An in vitro and in silico study on the antioxidant and cell culture-based study on the chemoprotective activities of fish muscle protein hydrolysates obtained from European seabass and gilthead seabream. // Food Chemistry. 2019, Vol. 271. P. 724-732.
- Eremina L, Pashintseva N, Kovalev L, Kovaleva M, Shishkin S. Proteomics of mammalian mitochondria in health and malignancy: From protein identification to function. // Anal. Biochem. 2018. Vol. 552. P.4-18.
- Khlupova M.E., Morozova O.V., Vasil’eva I.S., Shumakovich G.P., Pashintseva N.V., Kovalev L.I., Shishkin S.S., Chertkov V.A., Shestakova A.K., Kisin A.V., Yaropolov A.I Laccase-Catalyzed Heterocoupling of Dihydroquercetin and p Aminobenzoic Acid: Effect of the Reaction Product on Cultured Cells // Biochemistry (Moscow), 2018, Vol. 83, No. 8, pp. 992-1001.
- Chernukha I.M, Mashentseva N.G., Vostrikova N.L., Kovalev L.I.,. Kovaleva M.A, Afanasev D.A., Bazhaev A.A. Generation of bioactive peptides in meat raw materials exposed to proteases of different origin. // Sel’skokhozyaistvennaya biologiya [Agricultural Biology], 2018, V. 53, №6, pp.1247-1261 doi: 10.15389/agrobiology.2018.6. rus.
- Shishkin S., Eremina L., Pashintseva N., Kovalev L., Kovaleva M.A. Cofilin-1 and Other ADF/Cofilin Superfamily Members in Human Malignant Cells. // Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2017, 18 (1), 10; DOI:10.3390/ijms18010010.
- Kovaleva M.A., Kovalev L.I., Ivanov A.V., Serebryakova M.V., Shishkin S.S. Proteomic Identification of Protein Markers of Stages of Heart Formation in Humans. // Russian Journal of Developmental Biology, 2017, Vol. 48, No. 5, pp. 301–306..
- Teplova V.V., Kruglov A.G., Kovalyov L.I., Nikiforova A.B., Fedotcheva N.I., Lemasters J.J. Glutamate contributes to alcohol hepatotoxicity by enhancing oxidative stress in mitochondria. // Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes. 2017. 49(3), 253-264. doi: 10.1007/s10863-017-9713-0.
- Vostrikova N.L., Kulikovskii A.V., Chernukha I.M., Kovalev L.I., Savchuk S.A. Determination of muscular tissue proteins by 2D electrophoresis and time-of-flight mass spectrometry. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2017. Vol. 72. №10. С. 932–943. doi: 10.7868/S0044450217100103.
- Pashintseva N.V., Eremina L.S., Lisitskaya K.V., Ivanov A.V., Kovalev L.I., Kovaleva M.A., Shishkin S.S. Proteomic identification of hnRNP family members and other proteins involved in splicing in human cultured cells. // Russian Journal of Biotherapy. 2017, 16(2), С. 82-90. doi: 10.17650/1726-9784-2017-16-2-82-90
- Shishkin S.S. Clinical biochemistry of the beginning of the postgenomic era in human biology. М.: Publishing and printing complex of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. 2016. 616с. ISBN 978-5-209-07036-8
- Shishkin S.S. Modern Biochemistry in Research of Human Malignant Cells and Experimental Oncology // J Biochem Mol Biol Res 2016 December; 2(4): 185-193. ISSN 2313-7177. doi:10.17554/j.issn.2313-7177.2016.02.31.
- Pashintseva N.V., Shishkin S.S., Lisitskaya K.V., Kovalev L.I., Kovaleva M.A., Eryomina L.S., Kamenikhina I.A., Novikova L.A., Sadykhov E.G. Study of splicing factor, proline- and glutamine-rich by proteomic techniques in human malignant and nonmalignant cell lines. // Protein and Peptide Letters, 2016, V. 23, pp. 958-966.
- Vostrikova N.L., Chernukha I.M., Kulikovskiy A.V., Shishkin S.S. Study and identification of main proteins and peptides to determine the content of muscle protein in structureless cooked products by the method of two-dimensional electrophoresis followed by the time-of-flight mass spectrometry identification. Foods and Raw Materials. 2016. Т. 4. № 2. С. 136-147
- Zvereva E.A., Kovalev L.I., Ivanov A.lV., Kovaleva M.A., Zherdev A.V., Shishkin, S.S., Lisitsyn A.B., Chernukha I.M., Dzantiev B.B. Enzyme immunoassay and proteomic characterization of troponin I as a marker of mammalian muscle compounds in raw meat and some meat products. — Meat science, 2015, V.105. P. 46-52 (DOI: 10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.03.001)